Saturday 7 July 2018

Matcha Frangipane and Ganache Fat Bomb


I love frangipane tart. Like, it's the best thing ever. I really felt like making some last week, but I hadn't decided quite how I wanted to recreate it the keto way. Later that day, I was wandering through my local Woolworth's supermarket and found a reasonably priced matcha tea in the health food section in the Macro home brand (along with a spicy beetroot one that will make an appearance this week) and realised I had found what I didn't know I had been looking for.

These fat bombs have been incredibly popular in my house, to the point I had to shoo my menfolk out of the kitchen before they demolished them all when I was clearly trying to take a photo haha! Makes 12 mini cupcake sized fat bombs.  


INGREDIENTS
BASE
  • 75 g dark chocolate in small pieces ( I used 90%)
  • 30 g cream
  • 15 g ghee
  • 5-10 drops Nirvana liquid stevia (I used caramel)


FILLING
  • 85 g butter - room temperature
  • 65 g almond meal
  • 15 g xylitol or sweetener of choice
  • 15 g natvia or sweetener of choice
  • 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • pinch of salt


TOPPING
  • 75 g dark chocolate in small pieces( I used 90%)
  • 30 g cream
  • 15 g ghee
  • 5-10 drops Nirvana liquid stevia (I used caramel)
METHOD

Gently melt together the chocolate and cream from the base ingredients list in a bain marie or microwave in 5-10 second bursts. When almost all the chocolate is melted, add in the ghee and the sweetener to taste. Evenly divide the ganache mixture among 12 silicone mini cupcake liners, making sure to cover the base and spreading the ganache up the sides as well. Place in freezer to firm up.

Next, mix all the ingredients of your filling together until homogeneous. I used a spatula. Set in fridge to firm up a little, then divide evenly into 12 pieces (you will probably have a little too much, but you can just eat that ... :P ) Push the filling into the bases and pop back into the freezer while you prepare the topping.

Prepare the topping as you did the base. Cover the filling and any holes, you may find you need to mound it up a little to cover everything. *OPTIONAL* Dust with extra matcha , almond slivers or both. 

Keep in the freezer and serve frozen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almond and Pumpkin Slice

As requested by my friend Cattie, here is the recipe for this handy, dandy slice. It's easy to throw together, super moist with a tend...